Hitchhiker's Guide to Software Architecture and Everything Else - by Michael Stal

Sunday, October 14, 2007

OOPSLA 2007

I am looking forward to attending this year's OOPSLA in Montreal. It is not only the excellent conference, but also the great people. And of course I am able to meet a lot of good friends. Some of them I only meet at conferences even though they live not far from me. Maybe, this is a kind of conference law.

My two tutorials on Architecture Quality and Architecture Refactoring got a remarkable number of attendees. I am used to speak in front of large audiences but I never stop being a little bit nervous. Let us see what feedback I will get.

But of course, I am also very happy to see the great work of a lot of other people. I am sure we will see some fascinating stuff on Software Architecture and some other cool topics :-) Friends like Doug Schmidt will also give tutorials which you should consider a must if you are interested in this architecture stuff. A member of my team, Jörg Bartholdt, will present on WS-standards. As he is a superb expert in this field, I am sure he will do a very good job.

If you are attending OOPSLA and reading this blog, please, don't hesitate to get in touch with me. I am really happy to meet other people (especially you) interested in the never ending story of architecture and engineering. I am just including a small picture so that you may recognize me (or are able to escape if you don't like what I am writing here, but I accept any feedback :-) 

micha_foto

2 Comments:

  • Aren't you a bit ahead of the time with OOPSLA 2008 :-) ?

    Markus

    By Blogger Markus Voelter, at 3:29 AM  

  • Option 1: I wanted to check whether someone is reading my blog :-)

    Option 2: I am always ahead of my time

    To be honest, I just made a mistake.
    Thanks to Markus

    -- Michael

    By Blogger Michael, at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home